1. How do I pay my current member fees?

Contact your property manager at 403.453.1221 for direction if you do not have a copy of your current invoice.

2. Can I pay my member fees by credit card or online?

At this time, the Mahogany HOA does not accept credit cards at the Beach Club. Credit cards can be used online on the Member’s Web Portal. There is a surcharge for use of credit cards online.

3. Where can I obtain my member access card for Mahogany HOA facility use if I have just moved into the community?

Please visit the Mahogany Beach Club at 29 Masters Park 7 days a week 9am – 10pm to obtain your access card.

4. Can my adult children have an HOA member access card?

If your adult children over the age 18 are living in Mahogany with you and have photo ID confirming proof of residency as well as a letter of request from the homeowner member, than a member card will be issued to the adult child as long as they continue to reside with you at your Mahogany address.

5. How do I access the lake and West Beach area?

Residents can access the lake and West Beach area using the gate at the West Beach building. As a safety precaution, residents must scan in and out of the area using their card. Should you lose your card or should the card become non-functioning, please contact the MHOA to arrange a replacement.

6. Where can I get a replacement card?

Residents should contact the MHOA to arrange for a replacement card for lost or stolen membership cards. There is a $20+GST fee for the replacement of a card.

7. Is City of Calgary public transportation available in Mahogany?

There is a limited service. For schedule information please call 403-262-1000 or visit City Transit online at

8. Is the lake maintained for skating in the winter?

Lake ice will be maintained for skating once there is 12 to 16″ of ice thickness, typically sometime in late-December or early January. During the skating season the ice is regularly cleared and flooded to maintain as smooth a surface as possible. Lake ice quality is dependent on the weather and overall climate. The area is lit at night by two large flood lights during park hours.

9. Who is responsible for cleaning up the community pathways, parks, medians and boulevards after pet owners who do not pick up after their pets?

The Responsible Pet Owner Bylaw stipulates that pet owners must clean up after their pets, and they can be ticketed for not doing so.  The City encourages homeowners to call the City of Calgary Customer Service phone number 3-1-1 if they have concerns; the more calls the better, and if the homeowner cannot pinpoint the offending individual but can give a rough estimate of the time of day and location that there are offending homeowners walking their dogs, the City will send a bylaw officer out to watch the area and ticket offenders. Even if the public area in question has not been officially turned over to the City of Calgary, Bylaw Enforcement can and will enforce the Pet Bylaws.

Once this area is turned over to the City of Calgary neither animal services nor the City of Calgary parks office will clean up animal defecation in a park or in a pathway as per City policy so it is important for all concerned to further educate dog owners on their responsibilities as pet owners.  All community homeowners need to help each other foster good homeowner habits early in the community’s development.  The HOA will help with awareness education of dog owners on their responsibilities at community events and on the HOA website, as well as educate homeowners of the need to be caretakers of the community alongside their neighbours.  However, if residents have specific concerns, they need to be willing to contact the City of Calgary Animal Bylaw Enforcement at 3-1-1.